Know your A1C level. Know your metabolic health. Get accurate results that are 99% correlated to venous blood draws.
A1C plays a big role in managing chronic disease. It is used by medical professionals to diagnose diabetes and pre-diabetes.
A1C test result targets vary by age, diabetes diagnosis, and other risk factors. In general, the CDC interprets an A1C level as
- Normal: 5.6% and below
- Pre-diabetic: 5.7% to 6.4%
- Diabetic: 6.5% and above
A1C is a blood test that measures your average blood sugar level over the past 2-3 months.
High A1C levels indicate that your blood sugar levels have been consistently high over that period, which can increase your risk of developing diabetes-related complications such as cardiovascular disease, nerve damage, kidney damage, eye damage and more.
HOW TO LOWER A1C WITHOUT MEDICATION
Here are 5 tips on how to lower your A1C without medication
- Cut out carbs: Cut out high-carb foods like grains, sugar, and starchy vegetables, and especially processed carbs. This will help stabilize your blood sugar levels and lower your A1C.
- Focus on healthy fats and protein: Eating healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, and nuts and high-quality protein sources like grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, and organic chicken can help prevent blood sugar spikes and helps maintain muscle mass. Plus it's a great way to keep yourself from feeling hungry all day.
- Lower stress levels: Chronic stress can cause your body to release stress hormones, such as cortisol and adrenaline, which can raise your blood sugar levels. Over time, high blood sugar levels can lead to an increase in A1C levels.
- Stay active: Exercise is a great way to lower your A1C naturally. Try incorporating resistance training into your routine, which can help improve insulin sensitivity and lower your blood sugar levels.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water is essential for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Aim to drink at least 8 cups of water per day, and avoid sugary drinks like soda and fruit juice.
If you want a more full program to lower your A1C, check out the BioCoach Membership.
Improve your health in under 30 days. Lose weight, feel more energetic, and restore your metabolic health.